OpooPress Blogging Framework is a java based static blog generator, it's also a static site generator. Here are some main features:
- Simple - No more databases, no more runtime language (such as php, java), a web server is sufficient
- Fast - A very fast generate engine by Java, generate 1k posts in several seconds, how about 10k posts?
- Static - Markdown/Textile, FreeMarker, HTML & CSS & Images go in, completely static sites come out ready for deployment to anywhere
- Blog-aware - Permalinks, tree categories, tags, pages, posts, archives, RSS feed.
OpooPress also have these features:
- A semantic HTML5 template
- A Mobile first responsive layout (rotate, or resize your browser and see)
- Built in 3rd party support for Twitter, Google Plus One, Disqus Comments, Pinboard, Delicious, and Google Analytics
- Easy theming with Compass and Sass
(Note: description above comes from Octopress, OpooPress have the same features actually)
- Supports many deployment methods (by Apache Maven Wagon)
- Supports code syntax highlighting (by Syntax Highlighter Compress)
- Supports Locale (Currently only
zh_CN, default use the locale of JVM)
- Supports Plugin, easy to customize or secondary develop
- Customisable templates (FreeMarker)
- Supports custom meta data that is exposed to templates, pages or posts
- HTML - (*.html)
- Markdown by Txtmark - (*.md, *.markdown)
- Textile by Textile-j (also see Mylyn WikiText) - (*.textile)
- WikiText - (*.textile, *.tracwiki, *.mediawiki, *.twiki, *.confluence)
- Github Pages
You can access the source code at: https://github.com/opoo/opoopress
Feedback / Contact
If you want to see new features in OpooPress, don't hesitate to offer suggestions, clone the repository on GitHub. If you find errors you can post issues or send me a pull request.
Send a message to
opoo#users.sf.net with any requests/feedback!